In this guide, we’re going to explain how you can get your Telstra Payment Extension. You can potentially get an addition 2 weeks to pay your bill.
Chances are that cashflow is a little tight right now. Perhaps you’re behind on your bills. That’s OK – we understand. Life isn’t easy sometimes.
Keeping up with your phone bill is paramount, and we hope that you’ll be able to stay on track with paying your Telstra bills again soon. The Telstra Payment Extension is very helpful, and we praise that they give some leeway for those who need a helping hand.
Telstra Payment Extension Guide
You’ll first have to meet some basic criteria to be eligible. This includes:
- Currently have your Telstra debt at less than $2,000 AUD
- No overdue or existing payments pending to Telstra Corp
- Zero payment arrangements broken in the past 6 months
That said, there are other options that they can provide if you don’t satisfy this criteria.
It’s quite simple to get a Telstra Payment Extension. Let’s examine several ways:
- Signing into your Telstra App. Under Bills & Payments, click on Payment Extension
- Filling out their automated extension request form which you’ll find access here
- Calling Telstra (most people do this) and speaking to one of their team members
As we said, it’s not too difficult. At least you’re not at the debt collection stage – that’s nasty! It’s always better to deal with Telstra first and foremost before they disconnect your phone service.
We hope this simple guide has been helpful for you. If you’re struggling and in debt, then we can help. We’ve negotiated on behalf of thousands of Australians who struggle with Telstra bills, and even after a payment extension, have struggled to make ends meet.
Should you wish to reach out, then our team is here to help you. We work 7 days per week to help those that are in dire straits!